How to Make Crispy Fried Chicken. Super Crispy on the outside, while tender and juicy inside. Here is the complete recipe. Enjoy!
2 lbs. chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon ground white pepper
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ tablespoons cayenne pepper powder
2 pieces eggs
½ cup water
3 cups cooking oil
2 cups water
3 tablespoons salt
3 sprigs rosemary
1 ½ cups ice cube
1. Make the brine by boiling 2 cups water. Add salt. Stir until diluted. Add rosemary. Boil for 1 minute. Turn the heat off. Add ice cubes.
Arrange chicken in a large bowl. Pour-in brine solution. Cover the bowl. Refrigerate for 8 hours.
2. Drain the brine solution and rinse the chicken by washing with water. Pat dry using a paper towel. Set aside.
Make the breading by sifting the following ingredients in a large bowl: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, garlic powder, ground white pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper powder. Mix well using a wire whisk. Set aside.
3. Make the batter by whisking 2 pieces of eggs on a separate bowl. Add ½ cup water. Continue whisking until well blended.
Scoop around 35% of the breading mixture to the bowl where the eggs are. Whisk until the texture becomes smooth. Set aside.
4. Dredge the chicken pieces in the breading mixture. Dip in batter and dredge once again on the breading. Arrange on a clean plate. Set aside. We are now ready to fry.
5. Heat 3 cups of oil in a cooking pot. Once the temperature reaches 350F, deep fry the chicken pieces for 12 to 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Note: it is best to fry in batches of 2 to 3 pieces at a time.
6. Remove the fried chicken from the pot and place on a wire rack. Let excess oil drip.
7. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve! Share and enjoy!